This year I was asked to go the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. Among all the wonderful people and new resources that I came across, one was a list of 7 gifts for ministry. These are gifts a church needs to be emotionally, spiritually and financially healthy. Over the summer, have a look, and reflect on where your gifts are in this list and how God might be calling you to use them at Briarwood.
- The church needs administrators (Genesis 41: 29-40)
- The church needs servers (John 11: 17-44)
- The church needs encouragers (Acts 11: 22-26)
- The church needs teachers (1 Corinthians 3: 5-9)
- The church needs people of vision (Luke 3: 2b-20)
- The church needs generous givers (Genesis 13: 1-12)
- The church needs people of compassion (Luke 10: 30-35)
On a personal note, our family looks forward to our 8th annual cousins camp. We are trying a new spot this year new Algonquin Park. We’re up to nine cousins on Lindy’s side of the family, so it should a wonderful week.
With best wishes,